Monday, April 7, 2014

Thrift Store Treasures

I have always been a creative and thrifty person when the circumstances arise.  Sometimes; this just happened out of life needs and other times I just did it because it was fun! 

Now that I'm in this season of being a "single woman";  I have realized that I've at times been partnering with a 'poverty mindset' and fear of lack.  There's much about that but it doesn't just have to do with 'finances' but can even be a poverty of the 'spirit, soul and body'.  Much of it has to do with what I have believed in, thought about and learning to renew my mind. Really, it all comes down to the word of God and whether or not I receive what He says and trust Him in every area.  Jesus has been working with me on these heart issues and real physical issues.  I've learned that I can still have fun going 'thrifting' or to garage sales, auctions and so forth without it being a poverty mindset; yet I have to admit that this whole area has at times been a struggle for me.  I believe that I am having some major victory in it to where it doesn't rule me and I can still have fun 'thrifting'.

I know that I'll write more about all of this another time; but in saying all that I did; I really am leading up to something!  Now; I often thrift shop because I just like getting good deals and paying way less for something than I would if I bought it new.  I'm sure that doesn't make sense to some people!! I also enjoy refurbishing and recycling items or making something really creative out of them!

This past week; I got a great deal at our local Goodwill store.  

  
These sandals were brand new and never worn.  Otherwise; I wouldn't have put my foot into them.......just the thought of foot germs from someone else!!!  They looked like really good shoes and they were in my size.  When I came home; I Googled the brand.  They are from THE WALKING COMPANY and they are ABEO/Balboa's. On the website; they cost $89.95.  I paid $2.99 for them!  AND THEY WERE BRAND NEW!!!  These are the most comfortable flip flop type sandals I have ever worn besides Clarks brand. This is the 2nd time where I've hit a great deal like this. 

Three years ago; I got these sandals.  They look a little rough cause I wear them so much in the summer.  They are Chaco's and usually cost $100 or more.  Several of my family members had ordered/bought a brand new pair and paid full price.  I bought them brand new and paid $.99 cents.  YEP!!!  
 
See; sometimes when you go to thrift stores or garage sales; you really do get something brand new and never used!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment